Welcome to the Brownsville Community Church, a United Methodist Church, located in West Windsor, Vermont. If you are interested in attending a local church that is actively serving the local community, please join us Sunday morning at 9:30AM. Whether you are new to the Christian faith or have been away from the church for some time, come join us. Visitors on vacation here in the beautiful Mount Ascutney area are always welcome.
Below are Brownsville Community Church “Happenings” for your information and to add to your calendars.
SUNDAY SERVICES, CHOIR & CHRISTIAN EDUCATION/SUNDAY SCHOOL
- Please note that Sunday Service is at 9:30.
- Choir rehearsal (youth and adult) is every Sunday morning through May at 8:00. Join us !
- Christian Education classes for adults and youth are on Sunday mornings from 8:30 to 9:10. All are welcome to come learn and/or to help teach/lead. Kevin Channell can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, March 29 – Potluck Soup & Bread Supper (5:30) ~ Maundy Thursday Service (6:30)
Friday, March 30 – Good Friday Concert (1:30) – ~ Stations of the Cross Service (2:30)
Sunday, April 1 – Easter Sunrise Service (7:30) ~ Breakfast (8:00) – (Thank You, Newhall’s!) Easter Service (9:30) ~ Community Easter Egg Hunt (11:00)
SMALL GROUP MINISTRY – If you have questions or would like to join, contact me or the host(s).
- Leary’s – Every other Sunday (March 11) 5:30 – 7:00 (802-674-2320 & email@example.com)
- Bowen’s – Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:30
- Duffy’s (Bob Quaderer-Leader) – Wednesdays 6:30 – 8 (firstname.lastname@example.org & NEW! Sunday, March 18 (5:30 – 7) – Launch of monthly Youth Groups (ages 13-19 and 8-12).
- Trail Life USA
- Kathi & Chris Leary: 802-674-2320 & email@example.com
- BROWNSVILLE CHURCH YOUTH
- Friday & Saturday, March 16 & 17 – Overnight Outing Event (Sign-up Deadline is March 11)
American Heritage Girls
SPECIAL $12 partial-year 2018 registration (if registered 3/01 – 5/31). Program year 2018-19 registration opens June 1 ($26 per girl with “sister” discounts).
- Saturday, March 17 Outing Event at 1:00
AHG & TLUSA SNEAK PREVIEWS:
May – Trail Life Awards Banquet & September – TL/AHG Community BBQ
If you’d like to get involved, Scott Duffy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-484-7240 & Kristen Huebner can be reached at email@example.com.
Nursery – Our youth numbers are growing! There’s a Nursery Care sign-up sheet in Fellowship Hall next to the Coffee Hour clipboard. Please consider sharing an hour with our little BCC-ers. It’s fun and there are lots of things for them to do!
MEN’S & WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP BREAKFASTS
- Saturday, March 24 (9 – 10:30) – Women’s Potluck Fellowship Breakfast.
Kathi Leary: 802-674-2320 & firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, April 14 (8 – 9:30) – Men’s Fellowship Breakfast. Bryan Bywater, Guest Speaker.
Mike Kell: 201-640-4778 & email@example.com
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN
The UMW & volunteers held the annual Town Meeting Day luncheon on March 6. The next UMW meeting will be on Saturday, March 24 at 10:30 AM following the Women’s Breakfast in Fellowship Hall. All are welcome. Ann Matthews can be reached at 802-484-5502.
2018 OUTREACH, MISSION & FELLOWSHIP – COMMUNITY and CHURCH FAMILY
BCC has just made a delivery of your generous donations to the Food Shelf. THANK YOU! They have updated us on their needs so we are asking you to consider donating the following items during the Lenten Season: paper towels, napkins, bathroom tissue, laundry & dish soap, condiments & spices. As always, please check expiration dates on all food items. All donations are welcome. Kathi Leary:
802-674-2320 & firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Ley: 802-484-3200 & ParrisHill@comcast.net.
Administrative Council met on March 4 –. Phil Arvidson, Chair: 802-484-1228 & email@example.com. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITY SUPPERS PLUS – Details to follow
April 14 – Community Spaghetti Dinner ~ July 29 – Community BBQ ~ Fall 2018 – We are considering hosting a hunter education class and wild game dinner as an outreach to the community. Any feedback on offering these opportunities is appreciated and welcome.
SMALL GROUP MINISTRY
Leary’s – Every other Sunday (March 11) 5:30 – 7:00 (802-674-2320 & email@example.com)
Duffy’s (Bob Quaderer-Leader) – Wednesdays 6:30 – 8 (firstname.lastname@example.org & 802-484-7240)
Please contact me if you would like to formally join the BCChurch Family or if you have any questions. I can be reached at 802-245-4886 or email@example.com.
Pastor Christian +
“See what love the Father has given us that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are.”
Questions? … please contact me at 802-245-4886 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Pastor Christian +
“We will praise God for the new life we have found! Alleluia!”